12 December 2002

Haven't posted in a while. Been struggling under the pressure of the French Revolution. One of my students asked when I was establishing the causes of the revolution: "If things were so bad, why didn't people revolt?"

There's really nothing I can say that would add to that comment, so I won't say anything, how's that?

One more week, just about, until winter break. Since I last posted, we had one more snow day (actually, more like an ice day - we had freezing rain - rain that is rain when it is falling, but turns to ice when it hits the surface - which is something I hadn't come across until I moved down here.), so we've already used up all our snow days for the year. And it's still December. Oy.

So now my B day students will be ahead of my A day students in World History. That drives me crazy - it's not symmetrical! (which I don't think I spelled correctly, but get over it!)

Random thought: One of my colleagues got me hooked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so instead of doing tons of work on my snow days, I was watching the first season and parts of the second on DVD.

'Nuff said.

No comments: