20 January 2006

There's a whale in the Thames

Really. Thanks to the Londonist for bringing this piece of information to our attention (and thanks also for some wonderfully amusing prose about it as well). You can also go here to see what the BBC has to say about it. The Londonist also has a link for some wonderful photos, if you're interested. So is the whale just sightseeing? Perhaps he was interested in see the Houses of Parliament, or perhaps the Tate Modern. I mean, London really is one of the greatest cities in the world, and I believe it was Pepys who said that the man who can't find anything to do in London isn't alive (although it could have been anyone, it was quoted to me by my father) or something along those lines. I'm quite certain I'm horribly mashing up the quote, so don't quote me on that (ha ha ha), but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Sarcasmo said...

I think it was Samuel Johnson - "he whose tired of London is tired of life" (or something - I'm too lazy to look it up.

Jessica Hodgson said...

Yes, you are right! Thank you, that clears that up. :)