03 July 2006

DISASTER!!!

I dropped my camera. Now it doesn’t seem to show anything on the LCD screen. Nothing. Nada. Zip. The good news is that I still have the old pictures, and I can still see those, but the camera seems to no longer be able to take new pictures. More good news: I hear they have cameras in China. We're going to the mall after dinner to see if A) they can fix my camera, and if not 2) I can buy a new one. :( Just in time to go to Xi'an and see the Terra Cotta Warriors.

**** UPDATE ****

We went to Wangfujing Market (a pedestrian mall not far from our hotel) to see if they would be able to fix my camera. They said no. I'm convinced, however, that the only reason they did was because it was easier than trying to explain to me (who understands not a word of Chinese) otherwise. I ended up having to buy a new one. This new one has 5 megapixels - one whole extra one from my old. Woohoo!!

1 comment:

Sarcasmo said...

Oh no! That's awful. :( I hope you find a good replacement.