12 July 2003

So I was in Target the other day (as always, I went in to buy ONE thing that cost $2, and ended up spending $39, but that's a story for another day) and I walked past the aisle where they have the seasonal stuff. You know, in spring and summer they have the garden furniture, the tables with the umbrellas, the cool plastic picnic sets, and what did I see???

SCHOOL SUPPLIES!

It's not even the middle of July yet! And I stood there and said to myself "The kids must be freaking out!" Then I realized, that hey, I was freaking out! I mean, come on, give me July at least!! But noooo, there they were, row upon row of pencils, pens, notebooks of all sizes, bookbags, folders, binders, calendars, the list just goes on and on.

The funny thing is that the next day I went into work on the curriculum stuff, and one of the people on my team said "Hey, did you see all the cool school supplies at Target? I had a great time buying all kinds of pens and stuff."

Oy.

No comments: