04 August 2003

Tryin' to get down to business

I am excited about this. Heck, I'm just damn excited about today. First, according to the UPS tracking website, my Tivo should be coming today - in fact, it is currently in the back of a big brown truck, on its way from Alexandria!!! I wonder how many houses between me and my Tivo?

Sad, I know.

In addition, the current plan is to begin thinking about school again this week. Yes, I know, I did all that work on curriculum, and thus spent a lot of time thinking about school, however, I was thinking more globally (to use history teacher speak), rather than in my own classroom. Today's plan is to map out the World History course roughly for the whole year. Ha ha ha! In other words, make a schedule from first day until last day that as soon as I start teaching I will have to throw out of the window. The best laid plans... Why am I starting so early, you may ask? Well, it's really not that early, if you think about it. Between now and the first day that teachers go back (which is a week chock full of meetings, spending time with colleagues, and rearranging your classroom three times until it's acceptable (not right, just acceptable)), there are only three weeks, and next week I have a one day workshop, and the week after I have a three day workshop, so it's not really three weeks, now is it.

Wait.

Where the HELL did my summer go????

So, add to the Tivo and scheduling excitment, towards the end of the week, I'm going to Philadelphia to spend quality time with my dad and grandmother, as well as see some friends from my own high school days. Should be very much fun.

Hey, anyone out there know Gaelic?

No comments: